Wednesday, May 6, 2015

"Ephemera Collector" by Laura Gable [reposting]

This book is in the current show at the Allied Arts Gallery through May 30th, so I am reposting this previous entry.

-----

Crow / Ephemera Collector was inspired by my book artist friends. It evolved from being a simple small oil painting on the back of a bamboo box. Inside it has a few small "found objects' that I've collected along the street, much like a crow would do. The companion handmade book with pamphlet stitch is tucked inside-- it includes hand written prose which praises the worthiness of this magical, curious creature.

"Ephemera Collector"
original oil painting on bamboo box, handmade mini book, and collected ephemera;
©Laura Gable

3 comments:

  1. There is so much to touch, see and learn from your entry Laura, only the shadow knows!
    Love your work, patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you friends. It was definitely inspired by my book artist friends. I hope to bring it to the next meeting and show you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the clear glass case that you have arranged this book and its ephemera collection in.

    ReplyDelete